Re: Quest wormer

A few weeks ago I made a post about my experience with treating my mare with 2
tubes a day of fenbendazole for 5 days for treatment of small strongyles.
There were some responses that Quest would be better and that fenbendazole
could cause other problems.

I saw my vet again last week and asked him about "Quest".  He told me that
Quest is reported to get small strongyles which it will do, BUT it will only
kill 20% of them.  It gets enough small strongyles to pass the FDA and be
allowed to say that it gets them.  A 5 day treatment of fenbendazole gets
100%.

I asked him about the possible side effects of fenbendazole.  He said that it
takes over 20 times the dose to be toxic.

That's the extent of my knowledge.

Ellen