Question re Dodge trucks

Hi you guys. I need some truck advice. Could someone who has a Dodge Ram
Charger 2500 4wd 3/4 ton w/ Cummins diesel please email me and tell me
what they like/don't like about theirs and how much trailer they are
hauling. Friends may be selling their 1996 model with 40,000 miles on it
(to get a new one/same kind) that they have used in their business to
haul a trailer loaded with lumber. I am "considering" and prefer to buy
used vehicles, but have no experience with anything but Fords. What
specs do I need to find out and any tips from those in the know?
Thanks! Deb LaBerge