HORSE ADOPTION OR PURCHASE????

OK gang I am going to stir things up here.  In endurance we all love a
great deal right? And I am sure the person who wrote the original post
feels like they got a great deal. Good for you!  But hey lets call it for
what it truly is and NOT ADOPTION, BUT HORSES FOR SALE!  I have never seen
an actual adoption agency with such high ADOPTION FEES!  Non-profit you've
got to be joking, and the next thing we'll hear is that the trainer is one
of the owners or board members of Horse Power itself!  What a neat little
way to sell horses and still call it adoption.  Heck if I am going to spend
that much money I'll just go out and buy a horse with no strings attached
from a private party.  Horse Power either needs to lower their fees if they
are truly bent towards rescue work or call themselves something other then
a non profit horse rescue agency.  These fees are nuts, if they really want
to send these horses to good homes then get with it and adjust your
"TRAINING FEES" (ha!) to something more reasonable.  At those rates they
are competing in the horses for sale market!  What a joke!  Both my horses
that I purchased for $1000 to $1500 were rescue horses and I bought them
from private parties.  One was rescued by a friend of mine and the other I
rescued myself but I don't fool myself and say I adopted them!  So hey
Horse Power if you really care about placing these horses in good homes
with all those strings attached GET A CLUE!  Either call it for what it is
HORSES FOR SALE, or lower your fees!

Replies?  Bring them on but lets do this public gang because Ridecamp has
been boring lately!  This irritated me so much that if you do reply
privately to me I may just be irritated enough to forward all replies to
RC!

>are NOT in danger, but  they will go back to the sanctuary.  Adoption
>fees range from $850-$2000 and that money  is used to pay their
>trainers.

                                  Cheryl Newbanks
~~~           ~~ ^ ^        SW Region
~~~\      _ ~~/ /\ /        Buckeye, AZ