RE: Soaking Beet Pulp and buying it

I generally soak the pulp overnight.  If I've forgotten to soak it, I do
add hot water without any problems.  Usually during the winter I do add hot
water, making a warm mash for the horses.  I've even micowaved the beet
pulp if I've forgotten to soak it, but watch out, it will boil over and
make quite a mess!

Any feed store should be able to order in beet pulp.  It generally comes in
pelleted form.  There are several people in our neck of the
woods-Montana-that use it for their beef cattle to fatten them up for
shows.

Jan S.