Beet Pulp (Dumb Question)

With all the talk of beet pulp all the time am wonder where in the heck do you get this stuff?  Never heard of it until I started reading ridecamp.  I'm in northwestern AZ in a small town but I've never seen it.  The feed stores get their supplies out of Phoenix but this is quarter horse country and not any other endurance riders around here that I know of except a family in Lake Havasu City.  Vegas is about 2 hours drive and don't go there that often.  Does anyone know if it's popular in Phoenix area?  Maybe my feed store can special order it.  What does it look like, pellets?
Janet Baca