Re: soaking beetpulp

Ann B writes:
> Really and Truly!  You only have to soak beetpulp for about
> 15-20 minutes!

Mine are lucky if the stuff gets soaked for *that* long.
I mix it with whatever extra goody (COB at the moment)
and add water, squish it around so everything's moist
and there are no dry patches, and then feed it.

I actually feed it really wet - almost gruel-like at
times (hence the slurping noises Karen Chaton mentioned
when Provo is munching) - I figure it'll continue to soak
while he slurps it up - by the time he's got to the bottom,
it'll be nicely soaked...

> ...you could feed it dry if you REALLY wanted to.

After Mouse ate about 30 lbs of it dry the other day
when she got into the bag, I am far less worried about
it now. She didn't explode, or anything...

> However, in the really cold
> weather when horses aren't drinking much, I'm sure it
> would be better to feed it wet.

They *will* drink, even when they don't realise they are...
Works for me.

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse and Provo