Competing in easy boots

From: Kristi
Email: iluvdez@yahoo.com

I've been competing in NATRC where easy boots aren't allowed, so I've always had my horse shod. I'm now going to be doing endurance and due to problems  getting my horse properly shod, I'm considering only having him trimmed and using easy boots on all 4 hooves for endurance rides. Do any of you do this? Pros/cons? If you do, do you ever ride barefoot while conditioning if conditions allow? I'm looking forward to joining the AERC ranks!!!