Re: NW Ride Insurance

In a message dated 10/16/98 11:22:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
SuGriff182@aol.com writes:

<< would have found the
 statement concerning my insurance company on page five of my original protest

Like Randy, I have decided that this will be my last post on the subject.  I
am finding it increasingly difficult to think about this situation.  I also do
not appreciate the comments that seem to allege that the BOD did not read or
understand anything that was sent to them.  I dug out the protest information
and did indeed find your reference to page 5.  However, that was not an
official anything from your company but merely a question asked.  I am getting
the feeling that the NWRM's want us to think that the insurance companies will
refuse to defend them in a lawsuit if they are "grossly negligent" and I
seriously doubt that is true.  I work in the law department of probably the
largest insurance company in California and before that worked for the
plaintiffs' side in personal injury and medical malpractice for 25 years or
so.  The insurance company owes their insureds a defense -- right or wrong.
If our insured is drunk and on drugs and hits someone, we are stuck with
defending him under the contract of our policy with him.  We may not like it
and we may not renew their insurance but they will be covered for that
particular incident, whether or not they are at fault. It just makes our job
harder.  .. I realize that everyone involved in this issue thinks they are
right and I think there are two sides.  But I for one am tired of the idea
that the BOD is a bunch of idiots who can neither read not understand the
material sent to them.  Every time we vote on an issue, we seem to put up with
"ridecamp" abuse from the losing side.  A case in point is that one of the BOD
and I think it may have been me, accidently referred to by-laws, while meaning
Articles of Incorporation and got a snide and obnoxious post that apparently
the BOD didn't even know what they were voting on and did not know the
difference between the two documents.  I have said this before about being on
the BOD and maybe it has gotten through to some people because there are 18
candidates for the 8 Director at large positions. Although I did notice that
the biggest complainers are not the people who are running.  Sorry but
sometimes I can't resist snide remarks of my own.   Maryben Stover