horse color & tevis

I noticed that all of the top ten horses this year on the Tevis were non
greys and yet there seems to be greys everywhere on the ride.  Also in the
Tevis data, only 28% of the horse that won the Tevis Cup and the Haggin Cup
were greys.  It seems like half the horses on the ride are greys, but maybe
not.  I was just wondering if anyone has studied it.  I quickly counted the
greys this year and unofficially I think 40% were greys that were on the
ride.  (One horse was listed grey, that isn't)  I always said that I didn't
a black or a grey and guess what my two endurance horses are, a
black(always fading to brown) and a grey (that is loves dirt).

Gail and Shaq(Kings Flash)- has 955 miles, going for the 1000+ at Lake
Sonoma
hought@humboldt1.com

http://www.hought.com