Re: SOY for itchy horses ???????????????

> There is one major flaw with substituting the soy in place of his steroids -
>  steroids MUST NOT be stopped "cold turkey" like that.  They must be slowly
> tapered
>  down over time to prevent kidney and adrenal damage.  If you want to try
> something
>  other than the prescription drug the vet gave you (Cortisone), talk to him/
> her
>  first about a weaning schedule to preserve your horse's well being!

Do you think I could have done damage to him already?  I interupted his
cortisone schedule (3cc every other day) and gave him the soysaver for 3 or 4
days instead.  That was all the soysaver I had, so I put him back on the
cortisone.  How would I know if any damage had been done?

Have you ever heard of soy being used to benefit  horses with itchy problems?

~Nora