SOY for itchy horses ???????????????

Hi Jean~

I was talking to Becky Siler tonight and she mentioned that you wrote an
article for Horse & Pony about the miracle of soy (powder, oil, ?) for horses
that were itchy.  Did I get that right?

Bottom line is that I have a horse who is allergic to insect bites (the way
some dogs are allergic to flea bites).  One bite sends him into an itching
cycle.  My vet put him on cortosone (5cc for 5 days, then 3cc for 5 days, then
leveling off at 3cc every other day).

I had a sample of Soysaver that I gave to him instead of the cortosone for a
few days and he seemed to maintain his lesser itching pattern.  I was hoping
to be able to feed him some sort of soy product and get him off of the
cortosone.  We compete him in CTR and LD endurance . . . . so he can't be on
the cortosone during the rides.

Could you help me out with this?  I've already recycled my H&P and missed your
article.

Thanks,

~Nora K. Mask
  Ocoee, FL