New Ridecamp rule

Thank you for the new rule Steph. Every time the rider in question was
named, my heart went out to her. We became friends at two rides she
attended here in BC. Her horse was well behaved at these rides and didn't
cause problems for anyone. I really think she has 'endured' enough and
hopefully the new rule will help others in a similar position.
Brenda

>>I must ask that Ridecamp subscribers refrain from posting messages that
contain potentially harmful or libelous comments which are directed to
specific
indivuduals, or mention a specific name in the context of the message.

This is precipitated by some of the recent, and seemingly never-ending,
discussion
of the AERC protest involving ride managers and a horse in the Northwest.
Accusations and defenses have been published in this forum, and individuals
have
been named. I realize this is the 'net - and anything goes (maybe)
regarding the
right to free speech, but I do not want to see Ridecamp become a forum for
public
censor, defamation, name calling, tar & feathering - whatever. Nor do I
want to
defend myself in a law suit!

Please take care, and if you have a question about the acceptability of a
given
post, ask me first.

Thanks,

Steph>>