"Prosthetic" toes

---- Begin included message ----
I just wanted to drop a line about how Major was doing after his toe
resection.  I got a lot of resassurance from folks that the he'd be
fine.
The farrier resected a large amount of toe with a dremmel tool when the
hoof wall was undermined by debris entering a full length chronic toe
crack.  He then prepped & "filled" (aka reconstructed) the toe using an
epoxy made for this.

Major has done a number of moderate to rocky rides in the last two
weeks.  The ranged from 18-22 miles at a good clip.  He has been sound
and the epoxy toes are holding up great!  No cracking, chipping out,
etc.  Mike has decided to definitely enter him in one last ride in
November before retiring to pleasure riding in the snow for a few
months.

Thanks for the support & suggestions.

Linda Flemmer

---- End included message ----