New Ridecamp rule

I must ask that Ridecamp subscribers refrain from posting messages that
contain potentially harmful or libelous comments which are directed to specific
indivuduals, or mention a specific name in the context of the message.

This is precipitated by some of the recent, and seemingly never-ending, discussion
of the AERC protest involving ride managers and a horse in the Northwest.
Accusations and defenses have been published in this forum, and individuals have
been named. I realize this is the 'net - and anything goes (maybe) regarding the
right to free speech, but I do not want to see Ridecamp become a forum for public
censor, defamation, name calling, tar & feathering - whatever. Nor do I want to
defend myself in a law suit!

Please take care, and if you have a question about the acceptability of a given
post, ask me first.

Thanks,

Steph