Re:Going down in the Float

Glad I have visited Australia or hearing a trailer called a float would
have caused more confusion.  I agree with the suggestion of loading
backwards &/or raising the pole.  A friend of mine had a horse that
decided to behave like this one day and for several trailer rides
afterwards he would scramble.  They finally loaded him backwards and he
trailered fine.  Recently, her niece has taken over his care and he has
trailered fine when loaded facing front, although he was in a stock
trailer so he could turn sideways to ride.  It had been several years
since he had trailered when they took him home, so I hope he has
"forgotten" his "need" to scramble.
Also, ventilation is very important in a trailer.  Make sure that gets
tended to quickly.