old athletes

Hi Sherman,

You probably already know there is no magic age, no magic number,
formula, feed, or anything else so let your daughter enjoy her old horse
as long as he is happy doing what he's doing. I have a friend who is 70
and still runs in 10K races - she's always the only female in her age
category and everyone admires her so much - she always finishes and is in
good spirits (she also is one of the best crew persons I've ever had.) My
horse, who is also 22, will be doing the Fort Valley 50 this month and
will finally have his 3000 ECTRA miles - now I hope I haven't jinxed us
by mentioning it.....prayers, please.

Patty (PA)

  But then again, some older people
train and run in marathons.   Is there a magic age when horses should be
eased up on, or is there an older age limit put on distance riding
events.
Or maybe, is there a pre-ride vet check item that older horses would have
harder job to pass.   Can you help me out with any of these questions?
  Sherman, in Fl.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]