ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: horse with chronic "tie up"

Re: horse with chronic "tie up"

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 22:02:00 -0700

I am not sure of the exact protocol, but blood and/or urine tests should be
able to determine whether it is truly tieing up. I believe there are
specific breakdown products that are indicative of tieing up (dark colored
urine, but I am sure a more precise chemical can be looked for) - somebody
out there must know.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net