ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Re[2]: Squaring the Toe

Re: Re[2]: Squaring the Toe

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:44:50 GMT

On Wed, 19 Mar 97 11:34:43 EST, you wrote:

>Tom this is an area where we'll have to agree to disagree as neither will change
>the other's mind.

Keep in mind that what I'm presenting is only anecdotal evidence, from one
horse.

Kahlil forged from his earliest days under saddle. Very early in his endurance
career, my farrier recommended squaring the toes of his rear hooves. We did,
and it helped, so Kahlil ran with squared rear toes for much of his life. Not
severely squared, just a modest amount, but not the natural round shape either.

Obviously, it didn't cause him any joint problems.

Again, this is *one* horse's experience. YMMV.

--

Joe Long jlong@mti.net http://www.mti.net Business http://www.rnbw.com Personal