ridecamp@endurance.net: replying and aliases...

replying and aliases...

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull (elsie@calweb.com)
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 09:39:54 -0800

Joe Long wrote:
> Yes, I'm on several mail lists, and ridecamp is the only one where I have to
> copy & paste ridecamp@endurance.net into the address for my reply to go to the
> list. On all of the others, I just hit the reply button and it goes to the list
> by default.

I too am on several mailing lists - but by far prefer that the
"reply" goes to the sender, not the list. Trying to type out a
person's email address (if you have no copy and paste facility)
can be time consuming, and you invariably get it wrong; whereas
many mailers have some sort of "alias" set up, where you can assign
an address to an alias - in my case, I type "ridecamp" and the mailer
automatically puts in the address for me.

Try poking around in your mailer to see if you can see some sort
of alias/address book/nick name set up, and then you can set up
an instant reply word for any mailing list you're on.

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Displaced English person in Sacramento, CA

http://www.calweb.com/~elsie http://www.calweb.com/~trouble **************************************************************