ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Fw: Judging a trot on the ground

Re: Fw: Judging a trot on the ground

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 18:48:07 -0800

Tom's answer is below. As a nonhorsey aside, I now see what the reply
problem is. Other list servers add a "reply to" in the header, ridecamp
does not. For a ridecamp posting if I "reply to author" using Internet
Explorer, that is who gets the reply; if I "reply to all", the reply goes
to both ridecamp and the author. On the other lists where the list server
inserts a "reply to" directed to the list in the header, both the "reply to
author" and "reply to all" get sent to the list. I wish there was some
consistency. Sorry, Tom.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net

----------
> From: Tivers@aol.com
>
> Duncan, would you please forward the answer I gave you directly to this
> question to the group?
>
> I'm getting a lot of questions, folks, and I want to answer them all, but
> don't want to answer them twice each time. When you ask the question
through
> the group and then personally as well, I'll only be able to answer the
> question that gets to me first--usually it's the personal one. So, if
that
> happens, it will be your responsibility to forward it to the group.
>
> ti

> From: Tivers@aol.com
> To: dfletche@gte.net
> Subject: Re: Fw: Judging a trot on the ground
> Date: Tuesday, March 18, 1997 2:37 PM

> << Tom -
>
> I have no problem understanding angle logic, but why should a square toe
> increase concussive stress (assuming equal hoof angles) and why should
it
> jam more than a 'pointy' toe (again assuming equal hoof angles)?
> >>

> Good question, Duncan. The hoof hits heel first, and rolls onto the toe.
The