ridecamp@endurance.net: Fw: Judging a trot on the ground

Fw: Judging a trot on the ground

Cory Navoy (coreassy@lr.net)
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 19:37:35 -0500

----------
> From: Cory Navoy <coreassy@lr.net>
> > From: Tivers@aol.com
> > To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> > Subject: Re: Judging a trot on the ground
> > Date: Monday, March 17, 1997 12:17 PM
>
> .. Squaring toes can
> > help, but it's an aggressive (damaging to hocks) way of doing something
> > rather simple.
Can you elaborate on the above for me please? Why will it damage the
hocks?
We square the hind on my arab because he sometimes catches a hind toe when
trotting or cantering, sorta sits down quickly and up again. Very
disconcerting. Had him x-rayed and found nothing & stiffles checked out ok.
He does have a bit of arthritis in one hock. Very small in one joint.
I don't want to continue to square his toes if it will do any harm.
Thanks.