ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Rules of the Road

Re: Rules of the Road

Diana L. Benson (dbenson@juno.com)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 11:43:16 PST

Kathy -

In Missouri, when walking on a public road, you should walk FACING
traffic for safety reasons. I'd do the same with a horse in tow.

One time in a right-of-way discussion, a highway patrolman said this to
me, "Even if you have legal right-of-way, it does you no good if
you're DEAD right!"
I always keep that in mind.

Diana Benson

On Wed, 12 Feb 1997 19:49:59 EST kathy.shank@juno.com (Kathy Shank)
writes:
>To get to a rail-to-trail from the barn where I board my horse I have
>to go 3/4 mile down a road. ... Here is my question: It is my
understanding that I (on horseback) have the right-of-way regarding
oncoming traffic, as long