ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: right of way

Re: right of way

K S Swigart (katswig@deltanet.com)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:00:10 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 RUN4BEAR@aol.com wrote:

> << The rider is also responsible if they
> cannont control the horse and it violates traffic law, (e.g. bolting when
> someone honks or waves) and causes an accident >>
>
> That does NOT sound reasonable!!

Sounds reasonable to me, riders should always be responsible for
controlling their horses. Otherwise, they might cause accidents. An out
of control horse is a menace to everyone.

This doesn't mean that I am ALWAYS in control of my horse (horses being
unpredictable creatures), but I am willing to accept responsibility when
my horse is out of control.

kat
Orange County, Calif.