ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: [endurance] Re: Clumsy Horse

RE: [endurance] Re: Clumsy Horse

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 08:22:29 -0500 (EST)

Again, how about the farrier?? How is this horse shod? I had a farrier
(before I did mine) who got worse and worse withe the horses that
neededcorrective shoeing. I go ta new farrier and the horse was fine. Have
the vets ridden the horse or watched it under saddle or on video?
JUst some thoughts! I have had several trippers d/t bad shoeing.
Gwen
In message Fri, 15 Dec 1995 13:55:45 EST,
ZHBF15A@prodigy.com (MRS KAREN L CHATON) writes:

> I just thought I'd see if anybody out htere has any advice or
> information on the following:
>
> My freind has a horse (who is a brother to one of mine), who seems to
> be getting clumsier and tripping more and more as he gets older. She
> has taken him to the local vet clinic and a thorough soundness exam,
> x-rays, blood work, etc., and they can't find anything wrong. Aside
> from the tripping he is sound (what?) He seems to be doing it more
> and more and at all gaits. They have ruled out wobbles and some
> other things thru the blood work. Does anybody know if something
> like this is genetic? In the case of his brother (my horse), things
> were the opposite - he started out as a clod and got more sure footed.
>

> I feel really bad for my friend a she has a lot of time and emotion
> invested in this horse and things don't look good. Does anybody have
> any suggestions on what to try and look for? Her vet suggested
> taking him to UC Davis, but I don't think she can afford that right
> now.
>
> Thanks, Karen
>
> (more info about the horse: He is 3 1/2 yrs. old, 14.3 hands, bay,
> Fadjur breeding)

| Gwen Dluehosh "Pretty enough to show, |
| Desert Storm Arabians (| |)_____ tough enough |
| 2249 Mt. Tabor Rd / \ \__=___ to RIDE." |
| Blacksburg, VA 24060 (= + =) \___=___ |
| 540/953-1792 \ + / \__=____ |
| dluehosh@vt.edu | + | \____=___ |
| Endurance/racing ()+() \ _______ |
| halter stock available \_/ |