ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: [endurance] Re: Horse Training Tip

RE: [endurance] Re: Horse Training Tip

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 08:24:39 -0500 (EST)

MOst race horses do this too. And I generally hear a lot of whistling at
endurance rides (it's a good tip to have!!)
Here's one for everyone, can you get your DOG to pee on command? Mine does!
Gwen

In message Fri, 15 Dec 1995 14:03:40 EST,
ZHBF15A@prodigy.com (MRS KAREN L CHATON) writes:

> Hi! This is something I learned from another more experienced rider
> that I thought I'd pass on (though I'm sure a lot of you already know
> it)
>
> I have tought my horse to urinate on command. I just whistle, and he
> will go for me. Being an Arab, he is pretty darn smart and by the
> third time he had learned it. Whenever we were on the trail, and he
> would go I could whistle and scratch the side of his neck in the same
> place and in no time he was doing it on cue. It works great if you
> are going to be trailering. My horse doesn't like to go (#1) in the
> trailer so this helps make him more comfortable. When I go out to
> the barn to take him out for a ride, all I have to do is whistle and
> he heads straight for the back to go pee. I've had other friends
> look at me like I'm from another planet, but hey, it works.
>
> Also, since he will drop for me when I whistle, it helps for sheath
> cleaning as well. If anybody else out there has any good ideas or
> tips please let me know, I like learning as much as I can! Thanks -
> Karen

| Gwen Dluehosh "Pretty enough to show, |
| Desert Storm Arabians (| |)_____ tough enough |
| 2249 Mt. Tabor Rd / \ \__=___ to RIDE." |
| Blacksburg, VA 24060 (= + =) \___=___ |
| 540/953-1792 \ + / \__=____ |
| dluehosh@vt.edu | + | \____=___ |
| Endurance/racing ()+() \ _______ |
| halter stock available \_/ |