ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: [endurance] Re: Clumsy Horse

RE: [endurance] Re: Clumsy Horse

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 08:33:31 -0500 (EST)

If he walks trots and whoas, and isn't ridiculous to ride, take him out
walking on trails. If he just got broke he shouldn't be cantering that much
anyway and it's no wonder he falls. Poor baby. He needs to walk first!
Good luck
Gwen
In message Fri, 15 Dec 1995 18:10:33 EST,
ZHBF15A@prodigy.com ( KAREN CHATON) writes:

> Thanks Stacy for your input. I'll show my friend this info as I know
>
> she is anxious to solve the problem. She had just recently went from
>
> ground lessons to riding lessons with this horse, and the more he
> gets worked the worse he gets - it got so bad that on their last
> lesson he fell to the ground and sent her flying. That is when her
> trainer sent her to the vet clinic, and of course, they couldn't find
>
> anything wrong. There has to be something wrong - the horse didn't
> use to be this clumsy.
>
> Also, this horse has an excellent farrier, who does all the shoeing
> at her trainers barn and this is the only horse that has any problems.
>
> A year ago we could take this horse out and pony him with us on
> rides. Now we can't even do that because my friend is too afraid of
>
> him falling. He goes down on the flat, in dirt, sand, hills,
> whatever. I'm sure she is willing to try anyything. I've told her
> that he needs to learn his balance because he's young, but even now
> I'm worried it might be something more serious than that. He doesn't
>
> have a large area to run around, so maybe that has something to do
> with it - but would that explain why he has gotten worse and not
> better? We can't find anything in our vet books that the vet didn't
>
> rule out ? ???
>
> Thanks for letting me ramble on this subject everybody! Karen
>

> << Start of Forwarded message via prodigy (R) mail >>
>
> From: Mail Delivery Subs
> Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
> Date: 12/15
> Time: 06:05 PM
>
> Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 18:03:59 -0500
> From: Mail Delivery Subsystem [MAILER-DAEMON@prodigy.com]
> Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
>
> The original message was received at Fri, 15 Dec 1995 18:03:44 -0500
> from tinahost [199.4.137.91]
>
> ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
> endurance@inboundmx.prodigy.com (unrecoverable error)
> (expanded from: <endurance@prodigy.com>)
>
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> 451 endurance@inboundmx.prodigy.com... reply: read error from
> mailinb2.prodigy.com.
> ... while talking to mailinb3.prodigy.com.:

> <<< 550 Unknown user. The id does not exist
> 550 endurance@inboundmx.prodigy.com... User unknown

| Gwen Dluehosh "Pretty enough to show, |
| Desert Storm Arabians (| |)_____ tough enough |
| 2249 Mt. Tabor Rd / \ \__=___ to RIDE." |
| Blacksburg, VA 24060 (= + =) \___=___ |
| 540/953-1792 \ + / \__=____ |
| dluehosh@vt.edu | + | \____=___ |
| Endurance/racing ()+() \ _______ |
| halter stock available \_/ |