Date: Wednesday, 30-Aug-95 10:48 AM

From: Diana Maloney \ Internet: (diacomm@ix.netcom.com)
To: Endurance Forum \ Internet: (endurance@moscow.com)

Subject: [endurance] HELMETS

I'm pleased to see that MOST endurance riders are wearing helmets on rides.
I'm one who has been 'saved by the helmet' on more than one occasion. On
pleasure rides with non-endurance riders, I'm usually the only one wearing
a helmet.

However, I've heard that a law has been proposed in Washington that, as of
January 1996, equestrians will be required to wear full-face helmets like
the ones some motorcyclists use. Does anyone have information on this?

I'm guessing that this is being proposed because of Christopher Reeve's
accident. I certainly hope it never comes to pass.

Diana