ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] HELMETS

Re: [endurance] HELMETS

jsnyder@td2cad.intel.com
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 15:19:23 -0700

>From: diacomm@ix.netcom.com (Diana Maloney )
[...]
>However, I've heard that a law has been proposed in Washington that, as
>of January 1996, equestrians will be required to wear full-face helmets
>like the ones some motorcyclists use. Does anyone have information on
>this?
>
>I'm guessing that this is being proposed because of Christopher Reeve's
>accident. I certainly hope it never comes to pass.

I agree with you on that! And as Pam said, some things just can't be
prevented.

I just did a search on the US Congress web server and couldn't find
anything on this in the "hot bills" section. However, the main link
for 104th Congress bills is empty right now, so something might turn up
later. Anyone who wants to check this, here's the URL:

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.html

It's rather nifty, but may not be always up-to-date. The on-line Congressional
Record is there for House and Senate through August 4th, for Senate only
through August 11th (Congress in recess since 8/14).

If anyone hears of a particular bill, or relevant legislation ATTACHED to
an unrelated bill, give me the info and I'll do a search.

This server also has links back to state government websites, and lots of
other goodies.

-Sallijan
(who's trying not to use her work account for fun anymore, but can't help
it)

Sallijan Snyder | ==> I am not a speaker-for-Intel.
Santa Clara, California |
(408)765-9068 wrk (408)629-5909 hm | "Sometimes you'll find a heap of
Internet: jsnyder@td2cad.intel.com | thread on a mighty small spool."
or sallijan@ix.netcom.com |
*Internet Z-Car Club Member #42* | --Savvy Sayin's