ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Trail Blazer

Re: Trail Blazer

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 11:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

It's sad that Susan is such a ****(read bad buisinessperson)! She used to
live just over the hill in Santa Margarita where she had her offices. A
few years ago I took two friends to their office who were coming up from
Malibu on their way to Carmel. All they wanted was to buy some back
issues. (From the era when it was all information and more of a newstype
rather then glossly slick issue.) I have never encountered such rude
people in my life. They were curt made snide comments about Sylvia's
request to her face and just wouldn't even attempt to be of any help. No
one introduced themselves. I have no idea of just who was who.

Basicly it's a prettier magazine, but the information is not as
substancial as it was when is was smaller and more compact. Of course,
since I rarely get my copies and the subscription is still running I
wouldn't be able to make a really intelligent decision here. I get to
read it at friends homes who actually receive their copies. I was
shopping for a new gelding and toatlly missed one over in the oakhurst
area that had been advertised for 4500 bucks in the issues I didn't
receive. 15h2 and a Tevis finisher. Thanks Susan.

Donna Snyder-Smith who was going to take a huge role in the present
incantation of Trail Blazer is now listed as a contributing editor. Her
highly informative original column is now a video review. I've been told
by her collegues she's in the process of leaving the publication. I won't
even spread hearsay or speak for a person I've only met and spoke to in
regards to the ride she manages.

The bottom line is I have received one copy while everybody else has
gotten theirs since last summer. Count 'em one. Calling is a waste of
time believe me.

Just my $.02

On Tue, 22 Aug 1995 LADYKPC@aol.com wrote:

> I subscribe too. I have been having the same problem with them. I have called
> many times and told them that I expect a response, to no avail. I don't know
> what their problem is, but they owe it to subscribers to explain. I have only
> gotten two issues of a 3 year
********some stuff probaly not meant for public viewing clipped********

####Tommy Crockett, Los Osos, Ca.####
Tomydore@goblin.punk.net###DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu
ask me about my TB mare Flossie or that Arab The Rebel Prince
"I don't wear no Stetson But I'm willing to bet son I'm just a big a
Texan as you are, There's a Girl in her bare feet Asleep in the back
seat, that trunk's full of Pearl Beer and Lone Star" Terry Allen