ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: girth galls

Re: girth galls

Brenda Miskimmin (bmiskimm@env.gov.ab.ca)
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 12:10:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Aug 1995 12:14:54 EST "Laura G. Causey (305) 293-1442"
<CAUSEYL@mail.firn.edu> wrote:
>Hi All,
> I have a friend who asked me to ask you all some suggestions
of
>where to buy a good contoured neoprene girth. She has one from
Ortho'flex,
>but its $170 -- way too much. She needs the contoured because the girth
>rides close to the horse's legs and the skin between the girth and legs
>(not under the girth ) actually rubs together and gets raw.
> All suggestions appreciated.
> Also, I saw the list of Tevis finishers-- how may started?
Thanks!
> Laura Causey causeyl@mail.firn.edu

Laura,
I can't tell you where to get a neoprene girth in your area, but here's
another tip if you have raw skin under girth problems in general. Becky
Hart uses Desitin (diaper rash/zinc oxide cream) all over under her girth
on Rio. She also was correct in advising us that the same stuff does
wonders for 'scratches'. And its cheap & available in any drug or grocery
store! Good luck.
Brenda