[RC] 'New' Truck and LQ - Roger Rittenhouse

The 'new' truck 2006 F250 V-10 FX4 5 spd auto Lariat - Loaded Gasser gets about 11 to 12 mpg, but gas is cheaper the diesel.

'New ' almost never used 2008 Lakota bumper pull 2H LQ.

With some of the talk about trucks and trailers, thought I would show off the replacement for the big F350 and the Big GN LQ.

We decided it was too much much truck and trailer for us. Wife would not drive the F350 stick and wide hauler bed. Plus the big trailer was more then she wanted to deal with.

This trailer is a full LQ less heat other then heat strip. 8Ft wide 13 ft LQ. Horses on slant and with mangers. This trailer is the HUT. The center section has a tip out that opens the living area and provides for the couch and bed area.
Trailer was only used about 6 times.. almost new. Perfect shape.
Has built in cameras for the horse box and rear view. I have to run lines in the truck to my dash display. Hard wired not wireless.
We have to carry less junk but most of the stuff was never used or needed. I will have boxes of stuff to put in the truck as needed.

I have to get a bigger and stronger equalizer hitch with anti-sway. Trailer will put about 1000 pnd hitch weight and about 10K loaded. I will have to weight it all when we take the first trip. Truck will have no problem. But I might put on air lift bags anyway.

Have not figured out how I will haul the corral system. Will have to load it all in the truck bed, along with water hay and other stuff. I might just go back to the two stand electric fence system. Our primary camping will be at horse camp grounds with stalls. So I might not need the assorted fencing systems I used with field camping.

You can do a search of Lakota Trailer HUT to see more specs and pictures. I think this will be a great setup for us.

Pictures on my picture site
http://imageevent.com/vmaxept/f250lakotalqtr

RogerR