[RC] Award Winning Jigger - jeanne pepper

I feel the need to share a tale of an amazing & intrepid,indeed world class jigger.

In 1985 I found myself at a championship ride in Colorado with world class horses & riders,soley because of my spectacular horse..but we had a tough time with the altitude and slowed our pace as the day wore on.At the 64 mile vet check I met up with another rider,also taking it slow...wanting to make the finish in good shape.We hooked up and rode off through the night,We told each other funny stories of naughty horses ,painful falls,broken bones,laughing & cursing we traveled the last 36 miles....if we weren't trotting...her horse was JIGGING ! She admitted that he ALWAYS JIGGED!!had done it for years,nothing but going faster stopped him so she learned to just suffer along ..mile after mile.She was such a cool lady & her horse,at 20 years old was amazing.We crossed the finish line holding hands in a full trot .She was Mae Schegel (72 yrs young)& the jigger was Khala Shureka..better known as "Pardner"(as in Pardner Award!)
I know she loved that horse to death....even after 100 miles (and an entire career ) of hopeless jigging.