[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] UAE: Ali Khalfan Al Jahouri Wins EnduranceRace - Endurance.Net

Khaleej Times
DUBAI - Ali Khalfan Al Jahouri rode Waseem Montasan to victory in the Shaikh Maktoum bin Hamdan Al Maktoum– FEI CEI 119km when 90 riders lined up for honours at Seih Assalam Endurance City on Saturday. Al Jahouri dominated the title for the second straight time for Al Wathab Stables. “It’s something great to win,” said Al Jahouri later. “My horse was picking up very nicely and was always surprising me,” he added.

“I have been preparing this horse for the President’s Cup but we did not send him for the race. He’s a new horse and thank God he did very well on debut. He’s still young and we expect a lot from him,” he added.

The winner covered the distance in four hours, 47 minutes and 37 seconds at an average speed of 24.82 km/hour in the final loop, approximately eight minutes clear of runner-up Abdullah Thani bin Huzaim astride Skyros de Peyrols. The winner has been always going well. He was perfectly poised in third place not far away from the early speed when the riders hit in the heart of the desert under the early rays of the sun. And began to make ground as the race progressed to settle in the heels of front runners by the end of loop three, before he hit the front and held on very strongly.

Indian rider Hestmat Ali, astride Deyar, showed the way in the early stages of the gruelling race as Ali Khalfan Al Jahouri – put his chestnut gelding on the heels of the early speed in third position. In the second loop, the winner dropped back to fourth but he was not far away. Then he fought back to lead by the end of loop four and crossed the finish line to emerge winner. All arrangements have been made at the state-of-the-art endurance facility to host the Giants Challenge to be held on Saturday.

Results: 1- Ali Khalfan Al Jahouri - UAE - riding Waseem Montasan; 2- Abdullah Thani bin Huzaim - UAE - riding Skyros de Peyrols; 3- Salem Rashed bin Ghadayer - UAE – riding Deen; 4- Hassan bin Ali - UAE riding Blackheath Kira; 5- Ahmed Salem Al Sabousi - UAE – riding Louxor El Muskov.

[More ...]

--
Posted By Endurance.Net to Endurance Riding: News at 2/21/2009 08:49:00 PM