[RC] Write Bekki for me please! - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

Hey Everybody,
I'm late forwarding this on but I'm sure Bekki would LOVE to come home to mail!

She is having her last big medical hurdle in her cancer treatment tomorrow, a
hysterectomy. It's purely preventative, but she'll be laid up so how's about
dropping her a note. I've posted a new photo of her on her my-endurance.net.
(She loves it when you request her as a friend)

http://www.my-endurance.net/photo/photo/show?id=932467%3APhoto%3A29267

She's really proud to be getting her hair back but she looked stunning in her
blue hat dancing at the SERA convention!

If you write you don't have to worry about being big time pen pals. She reads
well but typing and writing a letter is a huge deal so it's mostly a one way
conversation. She is REALLY hoping I find her a mount in time for the Spring
rides so if anybody in this area has a lead let me know. I need to sell her
buddy Graystoke so if anybody local knows of a home for a *fun* and extremely
smooth gelding who just isn't up to competition, let me know.

The following is from her mother:

Thank you all for carrying Bekki along this far on her journey with cancer.
She is doling wonderfully, looks great, feels good, and is getting the
prettiest crop of hair you ever saw.  Everyone wants to pet her head!

The next phase will be a hysterectomy this coming Friday, February 20th.  This
is being done as a precaution, as the type of cancer she has often recurs as
ovarian cancer.  Interestingly, a robot named "da Vinci" will perform the
surgery, guided (we hope) by the surgeon, seated nearby at his computer.  I
asked if we could watch and was told it will all be available online afterward.
Geesh!

Bekki is still dealing with lymphedema in her left arm as a result of the
removal of lymph nodes on the left side and is wearing three different
compression garments to keep the swelling under control.  This has not slowed
her down one bit and the $350-a-pop compression garments are getting some tough
usage as she continues to take care of the horses, dogs, and ride on every
pretty day.

Because of an extensive blood clot in her right shoulder and arm, Bekki has
been on coumadin for 3/4 of a year now.  This complicates the surgery a bit, as
she will have to be weaned off the coumadin with a shot of another drug in her
belly every day, starting tomorrow, for four days before the surgery and five
days after.  But, not to worry, Bekki, always the inspiration to all of us, is
just ready to go ahead and get it over with.

Please remember Bekki in your prayers on Friday as she moves through what we
hope is the last lap of this most challenging Endurance Ride, which is her life.

If you want to write to her or e-mail her, she would love it!

19741 Highway 11
Wildwood, GA 30757
      -or-
poodlegirl123@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, everybody, for hanging in there with her.

Karen