[RC] World Records? GAHR - Tom Sites

Hello Sharon,  The only way to get the book these days is to either call Curt Lewis 316 371 6103 or visit the website www.thegreatamericanhorserace .  There are probably less than 200 left. He is now writing the second edition that will have more photos and some of the color they took.  Also there will be 'more of the story' and captions to the photos.  I have within the past week sent him some information that happened to me in the most terrifying incident i ever had on a horse that happened in Ohio.  Also i sent a personal reflection of what it was like to ride down I-80 thru Wyoming and Nevada and the 4 options to ride it.  There will also be a lot of information that Eva Taylor left him from all the audio tapes of the riders meetings that took place every day.  We had all forgotten most of that stuff and more.

Eva was one of my heros as she was such a warm and kind spirit and loved her mules like children.  Virl was another one i was glad to have met.  Not to mention the likes of a Smokey Killen who was a one of a kind endurance rider.  Irene Burd who got dropped off w/ 2 horses grain and hay and baggage and a duck (there is more to this story) and finished in the top ten.  Sam Garner was a wonderful southern man in the best of ways.  Hope Lundquist, Amanda Bandy (rode 2 stallions), Dr. Marian Moulthan and Diane Clagget/Marquard whose kitchen AERC was founded in 2 years before....There were a lot of characters too.

The pictures of me in the book are on pages 39, 52, 88,94, 145,163, and 177 and there are stories i could tell on every one of them.

The new book will be a hard cover with much more reading material that will tell the story before we all forget or are dead and gone like so many of us are.

tom sites