[RC] horses versus motorcycles - Michelle Aquilino

I suppose this argument could go on forever, lol, but I felt like commenting again.  I wonder the difference in percentage of people riding motorcycles who wear helmets and people riding horses who wear helmets (I myself would always wear a helmet in either situation).  In addition, the percentage of people riding motorcycles who take some other sort of precaution (like wearing leather or similarly tough material).  Comparing this statistic to the percentage of people out riding horses in shorts and a t-shirt?  Or even regular cotton riding pants.  It is not just the activity but the precautions you take.  I would imagine the percentages I mention differ widely between the two activities, which affects the number of and degree of seriousness of the accidents for each.  Skill level in association with the level of the ride (horse or motorcycle) also would deeply influence the outcome.  I'm sure I'll come off my horse eventually, but I am cautious with her, and she spooks in a way that I can handle when she does spook (thus far).  The odds vary by the activity, person, precautions taken, etc.  Ah, well, we'll never agree, ha ha.  But as has been stated, there's risk in everything, and I like riding horses, so horses I will ride =)

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"