Re: [RC] Completely healthy? - Tiffany D'Virgilio

I think that if you participate in sports it is not a if you get hurt, but a when you get hurt thing. That's what I tell my kids. I have been hurt horseback riding, playing volleyball, basketball, etc.?
Working in an emergency room is pretty hairy. Lots of motorcycle wrecks, including a guy who slid on his face about 50 yards and had nothing left but four holes. I got to do his brain death study. Lots of moto brain death studies when you turn thier head to do a lateral view it feels like you are picking up a sack of marbles. As someone who has been airlifted from a ride (40 or so stitches), and worked ER, I'll take a horseback fall anyday over a motorcycle. Trust me. 50 yards of road rash is not a pretty thing. Yes, you can get hurt on a horse, but you are not going to hit asphalt at 80 miles an hour. That whole law of inertia thing is a bitch.
Working at one hospital we were next to the racetrack and got some jockeys...they all looked better than the motorcycle victims.?
Life is all about the benefit to risk ratio and if I am going to get hurt, at least I'll do it doing something I love. There is a risk to be had sitting on the couch all day too.?

Tiffany