[RC] re: Completely healthy? - Michelle Aquilino

I feel like people are either being nitpicky or silly here.  I can't even fathom how one can relate the "health", "societal", and "personal" results of drug / alcohol addiction to an addiction to horses.  Frankly, riding horses is just about the only "healthy" thing I do.  Yes, it's risky, but everything is.  Any physical activity is good on a "health" standpoint, I would figure.  Anything that gets us off our butts and moving around.  But eh, that's my opinion.  And as people have already noted, ANY hobby that is taken beyond merely an occasional thing can result in marital problems.  I may have missed the beginning of this conversation, but I fail to see how there is even an argument here :-/  And admittedly, I may be missing an underlying tone or something ;-)

On a similar note, I might start biking to work part of the week (only about 2.5 miles).  This is likely to be more "risky" than driving to and from work, but it's exercise, and I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity to get out and moving =)  And will hopefully keep me in better shape for keeping up with my horse's energy when out on rides, ha ha!  My point here is that there is a risk in everything we do, and frankly, given my own hobbies and interests, I'd probably go on to say that generally speaking the more "fun" an activity is, the more risky it would tend to be =P And frankly, I'd rather ride my horse than ride this: http://www.amazon.com/Riding-Exercise-Machine-Deluxe-Joba/dp/B000M51EG2 or this: http://www.amazon.com/Riding-Exercise-Machine-Deluxe-Joba/dp/B000M51EG2.  ;-)

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"