Re: [RC] ginger for horses? - Rusty - Tiffany D'Virgilio

Amen! I also think the freakiness of today's show Arabs reflects the way they are handled as well as bred. Nurture has a major effect. I have two older impeccably bred mares, one definitely hotter, great tail carriage, eyes, gaits you name it. She can really turn it on, but I'd trust her with my life and the life of my children. Hot when she is allowed, bombproof best friend with smarts and looks and utter devotion and loyalty. She is my almost CMK (missed it by a couple percentage points) mare. My Polish mare is pretty and the calmest Arabian you've ever seen. If her tail carriage weren't so good, I'd look for a Morgan or a good QH in sheep's clothing.?
You don't need ginger or burning salves to make them pick their feet up higher, all you need is a good Arab that is full of themselves. A natural gorgeous Arab is all you need. This why I left the showring ?long ago. I don't want to see abused, whipped up horses, necks and gaits distorted, contorted and bastardized.?
The most beautiful and the thing that sings most of the true Arabian is a ridecamp filled with 100's of quiet, obedient family Arabians that are happy because they are doing what God put them on this earth to do. They are our modern "live in your tent" Arabians, the true, doing, sensible, loyal, smart and loving family horses.?
Well, mostly, there are always a few squeals and maybe a loose horse, but that's about it.?

Tiffany, Lover and Defender of the real family Arabian. And yes, I let their whiskers grow and no bridle path and they are all the more ethereal and beautiful for it! ?