Re: [RC] ginger for horses? - Lynne Glazer

Uh, that would be "Schneiders".

One year, Patti Bailey (Remington Steele) and I think Sherrie Lacey took out a double page ad in Arabian Horse world featuring one of their Arabians whose tail was flagged, and the headline was "Natural Ginger", decrying the mistreatment.  It was daring, in its day.  Probably 10 years ago.

As a photographer, I must speculate that some people might use ginger for use in sale photo sessions or showing horses for sale.  I don't get a lot of show horse business, maybe because my attitude about the excessive clipping and handler mistreatment is well known.  Can only hope that this breed gets back to its roots as a versatile "using" horse, they have so much natural ability and flair.

Keep on posting, Rusty.

Lynne