[RC] Auburn now snow country! :) - Kathie Ford

OT, but wow! What a winter wonderland this am! This morning my oldest daughter (all 3 moved out, then back in again! lol) woke me up this am to white everwhere!  It is beautiful! Although proving a little tricky for driving. My middle daughter didn't make it up our driveway this am! As she was talking to me on her cell about how she could get close to our house a guy in a truck came flying down the street, sliding and almost running into another car that was stuck by where she was. People were not driving smart and being stupid. Horses looking so cute peeking out their stall doors watching the snow!  Our barn is across the driveway from our house so we can see them and they can see us.  Can't go out into the pasture until it percolates a bit as it is very slippery (we are on a slight slope).  Sure is pretty though!!

Anybody back east, or MW that can give advice on horse hooves so they don't develop "ice blocks?" When I went down the street to feed my youngest daughters mare she had about 2" of hard ice built up in her hooves just from her walking in her paddock. She looked like she was uncomfortable and I cleaned them out quickly. I was surprised just how rock hard they ice/snow was in her hoof. That must have not felt good.

Anyway I want to make sure my horses hooves are okay so they don't slip or fall w/ice build up.  Something we are not accustomed to here. We only get snow every few years. Although, this year maybe 3 times now?  I bet the American River Canyon looks beautiful right now!  :))

Sure is beautiful! Looks like Tahoe in my yard! (I have more ponderosa pines than oaks). Just had to take an early am walk!  That was an adventure as I couldn't find my regular boots. I was slipping all over the place to my daughters entertainment!  Fell 3 x's. Was pretty funny!

Well, not a bad friday the 13th!!! ahahahahahaah

kathie