[RC] FEI 1* being offered in Ontario May 17, 2009 - Dessia Miller

This ride is being held North of Toronto and is fairly close to Michigan and Western New York.

The organizers of Aprilfest have agreed to offer their 50 mile
endurance ride as an FEI 1* IF they get enough pre-registrants.

The details of the rides offered are as follows:

Saturday May 16, 2009

20km/12mile Mileage
12mile Ride n Tie
6mile Ride n Tie

Sunday May 17, 2009

20km/12mile Mileage Ride
40km/25mile Mileage Ride
87km/54mile Endurance Ride (possible FEI 1*)

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HAVING THE 50 MILE ENDURANCE RIDE OFFERED AS AN FEI 1* YOU MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING no later than Friday, Mar. 6:

1- A minimum of 10 riders wishing to ride FEI to forward a cheque for
$165.00 cdn to the ride secretary Misha Green or to Fred Buchanan.
This fee is in addition to the $100.00 advertised on the Aprilfest flyer.
2- We have been told that Endurance Canada will pay the
Initial fee required by the FEI - that is 300 Swiss francs or
approximately $375 cdn.
3- OCTRA is sending one of our vets on an FEI training course
Feb. 22-24. If successful, she also fills FEI rules requiring a
"Foreign Vet" and will reduce the costs by $450.

If both item 2 and item 3 become a reality, then each of the 10 riders
in item 1 would be reimbursed by $75.00

For each FEI rider above 10, the riders in item 1 will be reimbursed
$1.50 to a maximum of $15.00.

The fees for all remaining FEI riders above the 10 in item 1 will be
$195.00 which includes all fees.

If we do not have the riders and money required in item 1 by March 6,
Aprilfest will be a regular endurance ride and will not be an FEI ride.

The same rider managers are also considering offering their
Oktoberfest endurance ride as an FEI sanctioned ride. Requirements
for this will be put out later in the season.

Please refer to the OCTRA calendar for contact details and the ride
flyer. www.octra.on.ca

--Kim

.