From: Rae Callaway <tallcarabians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Paul <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:02:13 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] Sponging? Yes or NO?

I live in hot and humid and I’m a firm believer in sponging.  I have noticed that my mare will get very sweaty when we start riding – whether it’s a competition, conditioning or fast trail ride.  I’ll sponge at the first water we come to – and I always wipe it off with my hands, it’s not so hard that you have to get off to do – and from that point on, she’s not nearly as sweaty looking.  It seems that once we get that initial sweat off, she has an easier time evaporating as she sweats and her attitude certainly stays perkier than those days where I forget to take my sponge and she has to just stay sweaty.

Rae