Re: [RC] SAUDI Arabia's Latifa Al Shaikh - riding posture - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

You understand what I mean. BTW I would like to see the butt(sorry for the
word :-) ) of this girl after the race, sitting like that on her pockets...
it must look like a baboon's one :-) I know for having experienced myself in
Dubai.

Other opinions ?

In the book: "Horses of the Sahara" it states that they rode with most of their
weight in their stirrups...had a very hard saddle and "rode with no drawers."
That should discourage the practice of getting baboon butt. >g<  The photos in
the book which are old show riders in what we would consider excellent
position...far more like a dressage rider than the average cowboy. They are
shown standing in their stirrups at a gallop using both hands to shoot rifles,
perfectly balanced over their feet.

Angie

Boost your business with a small business loan. Click now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw3Bg8pFRvZstof2pyAKz6OrtCLI05yK8ShKrMGmAFOqJEFWY/
--- Begin Message ---
Well, you should watch all photos of this ride (and also others this year and the year before).

The posture of this girl from Saudi Arabia looks like an exception. Look at the other riders, they are OK. I think that ou friends in the middle east have improved a lot in all domains of modern endurance riding :
- conditioning
- horse care and crewing
- but also riding posture.

You can not stay in a t<wo position posture while you cruise at the cante for almost the whole ride. YOu sometimes sit on your (don't know the word in english ... Ischion in french) and do the movement helping the horse, sometimes you stay on your stirrups, sometimes you post (even at the canter, like the polo player)... The rule is that there are no rule :-)   just your confort for not hurting the horse and the horse ability to move without being disrupted by your passive weight.

You understand what I mean. BTW I would like to see the butt(sorry for the word :-) ) of this girl after the race, sitting like that on her pockets... it must look like a babouin's one :-) I know for having exeperienced myself in Dubai.

Other opinions ?

Leonard

--- End Message ---