[RC] Fires in Australia - Jay Randle

Hi All

Well, the cool change has arrived, however it hasn't been enough to really help as yet.  There are more than 30 fires raging throughout Victoria, with 8 of them classed as "major" and "out of control".  The death toll has reached 108 this morning, with more bodies expected to be found today.  Unfortunately, 3 members of the family of one of our well-known Victorian endurance riders have perished.

Over 750 homes have been burned to the ground, with many more partially damaged.

In New South Wales, there are also dozens of fires now burning, and firefighters are being stretched.

All of this has come about from the extreme summer conditions we have experienced over the past couple of weeks, with temperatures consistently reaching 47 degrees Celcius (117 F) over much of the state of Victoria.

What's happening with the weather?  I'm also reading about heavy snow in the Northern Hemisphere!!

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

May the horse be with you.....

Click here for the latest news and tips. Get the most out of your life online!