[RC] news in Arkansas - Anita Messenger

For those in Arkansas who want to know, the Freedom to Farm Act HB1046 (which
gives you the right to participate or NOT participate in the NAIS or other
animal id programs like it, and it defines the word "voluntary") was just
passed out of the House Ag Committee yesterday. This is the first step toward
making it law after 3 long years of working toward this. The full House may be
voting on it as early as next Tuesday. Now is the time to contact your state
legislators and tell them to vote for this bill. Rep. Roy Ragland is the
sponsor in the House and Sen. Ruth Whitaker is the senate sponsor. Both are
members of the Arkansas Animal Producer's Assoc. which is a state wide
organization formed to stop mandatory NAIS in Arkansas. For a copy of the bill,
email me privately. This could be in the Senate Ag committee very quickly next
week. Nebraska, Missouri, Kentucky and Arizona have already passed laws to
limit the NAIS, etc. Other states are working on
legislation.

If you want to be part of the NAIS, fine. It's a free country (at least for
now). But if I don't want to participate, I do not want to be required, coerced
(like they are already doing) or forced into it. That's MY right as a free
private property owning citizen as well.

Thank you.

Anita in Arkansas (who was a breeder of over 100 fine reg. Morab and Morgan
horses until all of this hit the fan! Down to 7 head left and they are going,
too)
http://arkansasanimalproducers.8k.com
http://libertymtnranch.faithweb.com