Re: [RC] AERC changing to FEI like rules?? - Truman Prevatt

Chrystal,

I think at times like this it is time to name names. What ride was this? Who was this person, ride manager, head vet, etc. I would also suggest you contact your regional AERC directors and issue a complaint. If rules not specifically in the AERC rulebook were not stated in writing prior to the ride - they cannot be enforced.

You were correct in your assessment. I think ride management for this ride should be held accountable for trying to enforce FEI rules on riders participating in an AERC ride and.

Truman

Chrystal Woodhouse wrote:

So.............I was at a ride last wknd and was told that AERC is changing it's rules to mimic the FEI's it had to, we had not choice etc...... when I patiently tried to explain to this person that they may have spent a lot of time in this sport but I really did not think he had a handle on just who exactly AERC members as a whole were and as a whole were not too interested in FEI and really , rather an independent lot and I just could not see rules like " no whistling to get your horse to pee" (or a plethora of other rules he was mentioning) happening, he gave me a withering,condescending look ( I am only now recovering) and smugly told me that although he "wished what I said was true" I just did not get it and FEI and AERC were going the same way, AERC had no choice.. Anyway I still don't give the whole idea much credence but has anyone else heard/read of changes in AERC's rule to indicate a move towards FEI type rules???? Really as far as I am concerned an organization that cannot even get its members to wear helmets is not going to have much chance with FEI type laws!!!lol lol :-) :-)
Just wondering...............
Chrystal :-)

--

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken