Re: [RC] AERC changing to FEI like rules?? - Katrina Mosshammer

I don't see how AERC could have NO CHOICE about their rules. Good choices or bad choices, yes, but not NO choice. It is our organization we create/edit/set the rules ourselves.

Katrina Mosshammer (AERC # 5763)

Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:12 AM
Subject: [RC] AERC changing to FEI like rules??

So.............I was at a ride last wknd and was told that AERC is changing it's rules to mimic the FEI's it had to, we had not choice etc...... when I patiently tried to explain to this person that they may have spent a lot of time in this sport but I really did not think he had a handle on just who exactly AERC members as a whole were and as a whole were not too interested in FEI and really , rather  an independent lot and I just could not see rules like " no whistling to get your horse to pee" (or a plethora of other rules he was mentioning) happening, he gave me a withering,condescending look ( I am only now recovering) and smugly told me that although he "wished what I said was true" I just did not get it and FEI and AERC were going the same way, AERC had no choice.. Anyway I still don't give the whole idea much credence but has anyone else heard/read of  changes in AERC's rule to indicate a move towards  FEI type rules???? Really as far as I am concerned an organization that cannot even get its members to wear helmets is not going to have much chance with FEI type laws!!!lol lol   :-) :-)
 Just wondering...............
Chrystal :-)