[RC] [Ride Stories] Snow GLORIOUS Snow! - Desert Horse Rider - Merri

Desert Bred Arabians blog

Monday, February 2, 2009

We FINALLY got snow this winter! Soft, powdery, luxurious snow! And even better - it was the perfect texture to go riding in, not too slippery, not too crunchy. And Saturday was perfect riding weather - the sun was out, barely a breeze and warm weather - one HAD to go riding.

Or that's what I told my horse, the look I got in return made me think she didn't agree :). But after two weeks off braving the cold and not doing much but eating hay, she could use the exercise.

So off we went to the trails. I was excited - no trail markings to follow, it would just be us and the snow, bushwacking through the trees.

The 2 and 3 yr old stud colts at the end of the road came to see us off. If they could talk, I think they would've said:
Where you going? Can we go? What are you going to do? What are the trails? We never get to go anywhere!

DB Kalif, too mature for these young colts, hung out in back, too grown up to be impressed by our little adventure we were going on :).

Our little ditch we normally jump was now a frozen creek.

With all the tracks we saw, it would seem inevitable we'd run across some critters, but no such luck.

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Ride Stories at 2/03/2009 03:08:00 PM