Re: [RC] Garmin Forerunner & VV Rides - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

The Forerunner 201 uses a "cradle" the 205 does not. Shannon did not
remember which one she had so I mentioned it.

Ah! It looks like mine is a Garmin etrex Legend CX. Figures that I don't have
what everyone else got. :-P

I upgraded because the free account would only show me the last 10 rides I
uploaded. Is the free account still that way? You have uploaded 25 tracks.
Can you access all of them?

No, just the last 10. Also at one time I got to try some trial version and it
showed on my track where we had stood in one spot for a while, and where we'd
made better time. I'd like to have that on there so Jody would quit thinking my
average is slower than hers just because I actually warm my horse up for 15
minutes (unlike her!)

You are right about viewing in GE. You can zoom in and find all kinds of
possible trails.

I actually found another interesting source for trail info. that you can use
with the Google Earth. My husband brought home a Civil War book and it showed
the old supply routes that came over the mountains. When you look at the book
and then Google Earth you can sometimes see the road beds are still there. I
guess it helps to live in Chattanooga if you plan to use that sort of stuff
though. >g<

So...anybody look at my tracks and think these things are accurate within a
foot or two? If so, I've got a horse that can jump Lookout Creek (a good 30
feet wide with 15' banks) without breaking gait. Look at that track...it's got
me on both sides of the creek (snakey band of trees). Also, the route I'm doing
behind my house is a 12" wide trail. I should be on the exact same track every
time around. Instead it looks like I'm running through half the trees in the
woods. Every time you see a perfectly straight line you can bet that thing took
a shortcut! The track where it did that along the creek had no excuse. I'm out
in the open..but there is a big ridge on one side and a mountain about 1/4 mile
away on the other.

Angie